Due to its vitamin and mineral content, asparagus helps shield your brain against moderate cognitive decline (MCI), stroke, and Alzheimer’s dementia. A main asparagus benefit is as a source of folate and other B vitamins. Folate is critical for proper brain function
- 1 lb - asparagus
- 2 - medium spanish onions, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP - extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups - chicken broth
- 2 TSP - garlic, minced
- 1 TSP - ginger, minced
- 1 TSP - ginger, minced 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups - full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Prep asparagus by trimming tips and removing woody ends. Discard woody ends and keep tips in a separate bowl. Cut remaining spears into 1-inch pieces and put aside.
- 2 In a soup pot, simmer onions, garlic, and ginger in olive oil until onions are very soft and golden, stirring often.
- 3 Add broth and bring to a boil.
- 4 Add asparagus pieces and rosemary to broth, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 5 Use immersion blender or throw into a blender to puree until smooth. Add coconut milk.
- 6 Stir in reserved asparagus tips, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 1-2 minutes, then serve.
NotesWhat’s so special about asparagus?
- Asparagus keeps our hearts healthy and circulation strong.
- It is very fibrous for easier and healthier digestion.
- It detoxes the system.
- It’s full of Vitamin K and Insulin! Which help regulate blood sugar!