A diet high in blueberries, strawberries and others were linked to a slower mental decline in areas like memory and focus in a large sample of middle-aged women.
- 1 - banana
- 1 cup - blueberries
- 1 - zest of 1 lemon
- 1 - egg
- 1/4 cup - coconut oil, melted
- 2 TBSP - maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups - gluten free oats (the quick rolling kind works best)
- 1 cup - almond meal/flour
- 1/3 cup - nets/seeds (I used a mix of walnuts and pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup - unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 TSP - salt
- Optional: 1 cup semi-sweet dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350.
- 2 Mix the liquid ingredients together.
- 3 Mash the banana in with the liquid ingredients.
- 4 Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- 5 Slowly mix in the wet ingredients with the dry.
- 6 Add in the blueberries, nuts/seeds, chocolate chips and lemon zest.
- 7 Place in a pan that is lined with parchment paper greased with coconut oil.
- 8 Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly crispy on top
- 9 Let bars fully cool before cutting.