Caffeic acid is an antioxidant specifically found in high levels in peach nutrition. It protects the brain from the dangerous carcinogenic mold aflatoxin that’s often found in certain types of food like peanuts, corn and peanut butter.
- 2 large peaches, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped
- ½ pint of strawberries, sliced
- ½ pint blueberries
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup pistachios, shelled and finely chopped
- Jicama, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup Burrata Cheese
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (Dressing)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (Dressing)
- 2 tbsp honey (Dressing)
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon (Dressing)
- 1 Make the balsamic reduction by putting the vinegar into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer until it’s about half the original amount.
- 2 Wash and prep all fruit
- 3 Slice jicama into thin julienne style rivulets
- 4 Chop (or quickly blend) pistachios into an almost dust
- 5 Place all fruit into a large bowl. Top with chopped basil, pistachios and crumbled burrata cheese
- 6 In a separate small bowl, combine avocado oil, honey and cinnamon. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- 7 Pour dressing combo (minus balsamic vinegar) onto fruit salad and mix well
- 8 Drizzle balsamic reduction and serve!