Superfood // BEANS:
These Brownie Batter Protein Balls hit the spot every time! Made with Black Beans, Dates, and Chocolate these tasty treats are satiating and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Store these protein balls in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Beans are great for preventing gut-associated diseases! Consumption of beans may improve the intestinal barrier function allowing for increased good bacteria in the gut! Remember… what’s good for the gut, is good for the gut- brain axis connection.
Recipe & Photography courtesy of Nora Debora of Naturally Nora
- 1/3 Pitted Dates (packed)
- 2 Cups Black Beans (cooked)
- 1/2 Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 1 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Combine dates, black beans, chocolate protein powder, pumpkin seed butter, sea salt, and cacao powder in the bowl of your food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- 3 Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the covered baking sheet. You should have about 3 balls per serving.
- 4 To make the optional chocolate drizzle: melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler and drizzle over balls.
- 5 Refrigerate at least 1 hour to set. Enjoy!