Coconut Oil is an excellent source of fuel for the brain, prevents unwanted short-term symptoms and is effective at preventing and treating neurodegenerative disease states.
Coconut Lemon Meltaways
20 mins 20-24
- 1/2 cup - raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup - raw, unsalted pecans
- 1/4 cup - raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup - shredded, unsulfured, unsweetened coconut flakes (+ additional coconut for rolling ~ 1/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 TBSP - coconut flour
- 1 TBSP - extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 TBSP - fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBSP - lemon rind/zest (organic)
- 1/4 TSP - sea salt
- 2 1/2 TBSP - raw honey
- 1 TBSP - maple syrup
- 1/2 TSP - vanilla extract
- 1 Blend all ingredients in a high power food processor.
- 2 Roll in to small balls.
- 3 On a separate plate cover with 1/4 cup coconut flakes – roll the balls in the coconut.
- 4 Serve chilled.