SUPERFOOD // HEMP SEEDS
Recipe Credit: Naturally Nora
Liquid Gold Energy Bites
20 mins 25
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I like SunWarrior)
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- 1 heaping tbsp maca powder
- 10 shakes of cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup sunflower seed butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup raw liquid honey
- GARNISH: hemp hearts or coconut flakes
- 1 Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- 2 Place all wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- 3 Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl.
- 4 Wet your hands with room temperature water and just shake them to dry.
- 5 Head back over to your prepping station and begin to mix dry and wet ingredients with your wet hands until all ingredients are combined and mixed thoroughly (the wet hands minimize ingredients sticking to your hands).
- 6 Scoop about 1-2 tbsp of the bite batter into your hands and roll into a bite sized ball (size is totally dependent on your preference)
- 7 Place each rolled energy bite onto a separate plate until you have completed the entire batch.
- 8 Now you have a couple options...
- 9 - freeze as they are without any garnish
- 10 - take a separate plate and cover the entire plate with your garnish preference (I choose hemp hearts here)
- 11 - roll each bite until it is covered with your garnish of choice
- 12 Carefully place each bite in storage container that you will either store in the fridge or the freezer.
- 13 Once complete, store away and snack when you are hungry.
- 14 They last in the freezer for a couple months and in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.