SUPERFOOD // BEETS
MEDITERRANEAN AVOCADO BEET DIP It’s like guacamole… but with a Mediterranean spin. Sweet beets, tangy lemon, with an ethnic infusion of fresh basil and dried cumin. Beets are excellent for increasing blood flow to the brain, improving oxygenation in order to boost your brainpower and slow the onset of dementia. In addition, beets are one of the best plant sources of choline. Choline increases the memory forming neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain.Every single ingredient used is a powerful detox food you can enjoy everyday to support your body inside out!
Recipe by Maya Eid
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tennis ball sized cooked beet
- 5 large basil leaves
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 TB juice from fresh lemon
- a good pinch of Himalayan salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 BLEND INGREDIENTS IN A BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR.
- 2 Options for dipping: Use fresh veggies like cucumber, radish, or zucchini slices ➖toasted pita bread ➖shown here: tortilla chips and parsnip fries