Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2), which improves energy metabolism within brain cells.
Quinoa and Tomatoes with Goat Cheese Mousse
10 mins 15 mins 2
- 3/4 cup - quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups - water
- 1/4 cup - goat cheese
- 1/2 cup - half & half cream
- 1 TSP - fennel seeds
- 2 cups - assorted tomatoes
- 1 cup - sprouts
- 1/2 - onion
- 1 - avocado
- 1 TBSP - walnuts
- 1 TBSP - sundried tomato & olive spread
- 2 TBSP - olive oil
- 1 TBSP - lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Make the quinoa: Rinse the quinoa and add it to a medium pot with 1 1/2 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2 Make the goat cheese mousse: In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese, half & half cream, and fennel seed. Using a fork, whisk until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 3 Prepare the veggies: Rinse and slice the tomatoes. Rinse the sprouts. Thinly slice the onion. Peel, pit and dice the avocado.
- 4 Toast the walnuts: Place a small pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, until they small toasted and are golden-brown, about 2 minutes.
- 5 Bring it all together: Spread the sundried tomato & olive spread evenly across the bottom of two places. Top with quinoa. Arrange the avocado, tomato and onion slices on top. Add a dollop of the goat cheese mousse to each place and sprinkle with sprouts and toasted walnuts. Combine the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine. Drizzle the dressing on top of each place and season with salt and pepper to taste.