Rich in lycopene, an antioxidant found to protect against free radical damage that contributes to the development of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Tomatoes ability to combat free radical damage contributes to optimal cognitive function, boosting memory, concentration and thinking ability.
- 3 TBSP - EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 - small yellow onion, diced
- 2 - cloves of garlic
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup - sun dried tomatoes, soaked in 1 cup of filtered water
- 5 - basil leaves
- 2 cups - chicken or veggie broth
- Garnish: 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 Place 3 TBSP Olive Oil in large pot on medium/high heat.
- 2 Dice onion and add to pot with garlic cloves (Sauté 5 minutes ).
- 3 Add pot contents to blender, then add salt, pepper, sun dried tomatoes with the water, basil leaves, broth of your choice and blend.
- 4 Transfer blender contents to pot and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 5 Remove from heat and ladle into individual bowls.
- 6 Garnish with a dollop of greek yogurt and top with fresh basil.