In addition to being an excellent source of vitamin K and vitamin C, Brussels sprouts are also a good source for tryptophan and essential omega fatty acids critical to healthy brain functioning.
Sweet ‘n Salty Brussel Sprout Chips
10 mins 15 mins 2
- 1 LB - brussel sprouts (washed)
- 1 TBSP - honey (slightly warmed, liquid)
- 1 - pinch sea salt or sea salt flakes
- 1 TBSP - coconut oil (melted)
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2 Using a sharp knife remove the very bottom part of the outer leaves of the Brussel Sprouts and place them in a separate bowl. You can use as many of the leaves as you’d like leaving aside the core of the sprout.
- 3 Add liquid honey and oil to a bowl to coat the Brussel sprouts.
- 4 Add a sheet of parchment paper to a baking tray and separate the leaves evenly so they are not overlapping.
- 5 Sprinkle with salt.
- 6 Bake for 15-20 mins until desired consistency stirring every 5 minutes.