Sweet potatoes are great for improving memory and other brain functions. It’s powerful anti-inflammatory properties from it’s rich antioxidant family of carotenoids make it a great food for preventing memory problems down the road.
- 1 - large organic sweet potato
- 3 TBSP - avocado oil (I also use coconut oil when I’m out of avocado oil & vice versa)
- 2 TBSP - Braggs liquid Aminos
- 1/2 TSP - cinnamon powder
- 1/2 TSP - chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 Wash sweet potato and cut off the ends of the potato.
- 3 Cut a slice lengthwise off one side of the sweet potato and turn it so that it lies flat.
- 4 Cut it lengthwise into ½ inch strips.
- 5 Place each of those flat ½ inch strips on its side and cut again into ‘fry’ size strips (the larger the ‘fry’ the longer the baking time).
- 6 Place tinfoil on a large baking sheet.
- 7 Place raw fries in a very large mixing bowl.
- 8 In a small bowl, mix together oil, Bragg’s liquid amigos, chill and cinnamon powder.
- 9 Pour wet mixture onto the raw sweet potato fries and mix thoroughly until all fries are covered.
- 10 Then place raw potato fries on the foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle a tiny bit of extra cinnamon and salt to taste.
- 11 Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, turning the fries at the half way mark.
- Consume about 1 cup cooked fries on their own for a healthy snack.
- I love pairing them with chipotle mayo or basil pesto sauce
- Make a complete lunch or dinner by adding a fresh green salad with about 1-1.5 cups of The Best Ground Meat or Lemon Pepper Baked Salmon