Salmon is one of the best sources of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids. Unlike most other fats, omega-3 fats are considered “essential,” meaning you must get them from your diet since your body can’t create them. Salmon is rich in long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce inflammation and provide the essential building blocks for brain regeneration and repair.
- 8oz - Ocean Wise Salmon
- 1 TBSP - extra virgin olive oil
- 5 - dashes of Dulse granules
- 1 TBSP - Lemon Pepper Seasoning (Cape Herb & Spice brand)
- Garnish: fresh lemon and lime wedges
- 1 Place extra virgin olive oil, dulse granules and lemon pepper seasoning into a small bowl and mix well.
- 2 Spread evenly on the raw salmon until entire surface area is covered.
- 3 Place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes (check it at the 6 minute mark by gently cutting into the middle part of the salmon with a fork, as baking time will vary depending on the oven).
- 4 Let cool for about 5 minutes, and garnish with the juice of fresh lemon or lime wedges.
- Consume on it’s own with organic Dijon Mustard or pesto for a light, yet filling lunch
- Throw on top of your favourite green salad to make a complete meal
- Pair with a side of cooked greens and grains, such as my Kale Quinoa & Sweet Potato Bowl or Quinoa Spinach Chowder, for a hearty dinner
- For salmon, I use Ocean Wise Salmon
- For seasoning, I use Cape Herb & Spice brand, Lemon Pepper Seasoning