Arugula is high in most of the B vitamins but contains especially high amounts of folate. In high-functioning older adults, low levels of folate have been shown to be a risk factor for cognitive decline.
Arugala Salad with Roasted Beets
10 mins 40 mins 4-6
- 1 - small package of arugula
- 1 - large beet or 2 small, roasted
- 1/2 cup - chopped walnuts
- Sprinkling of goats cheese
- 2 TBSP - olive oil
- 2 TBSP - balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP - maple syrup
- 1 TBSP - dijon mustard
- Generous sprinkling of cinnamon
- 1 For the beet, roasted in oven at 400F for about 40 minutes, or until you can easily stick a knife through it.
- 2 Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- 3 Add arugula, beet, walnuts and cheese to bowl.
- 4 Note: I recommend only dressing what part of the salad you're going to eat that day.