Halibut is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help build and maintain myelin in the brain.
Baked Halibut with Chimichurri
25 mins 20 mins 4
- 3 cloves - garlic
- 1 - small shallot
- 1 cup - parsley
- 1/4 cup - cilantro
- 1/4 cup - extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TBSP - red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP - water
- 1 TSP - red pepper flakes
- 2 TSP - salt
- 11/2 lbs - halibut, cut in 4 portions
- 1 Combine all the chimichurri ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth. (Alternatively, you can finely chop the garlic, shallot and herbs by hand. Mix with the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.) Let sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day
- 2 Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly season the fish with a little salt. Rub all sides of each piece of fish with about 1 tablespoon of the chimichurri and place in a baking dish. Reserve the remaining sauce for serving.
- 3 Bake for 12-20 minutes — depending on the thickness of the fish — or until fish is firm and almost opaque all the way through. Serve with a little of the reserved chimichurri sauce spooned over each piece.