SUPERFOOD // BEET
They say you eat first with your eyes and this Beet Cashew Dip is a colourful and creamy, nutrient-filled dish that fits the bill!
Beets contain nutrients that fight inflammation and enhance oxygenation, improving brain neuroplasticity to guard against age-related cognitive decline.
Beet Cashew Dip – FULL RECIPE HERE!
Recipe by Joyous Health
Beet Cashew Dip
- 3 beets, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cashews, soaked in water for 3 hours or overnight
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Place beets in a covered baking dish with 1/4 inch of water. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until beets are fork tender. Let cool slightly once cooked.
- 2 In a food processor, combine beets, cashews, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth or desired consistency.
- 3 Store in an airtight container for up to one week.