Superfood // Egg:
Egg used to have a reputation for having high cholesterol content. But we now know that the cholesterol in eggs does not drive up blood cholesterol and increase the risk of heart disease. In fact eggs are incredibly good for your health, including brain health and cognitive function! Choline, present in eggs, has been shown to help with memory and communication between brain cells.
Broccoli & Cheddar Egg Muffins
Recipe & Photography courtesy of Nora Debora of Naturally Nora
- 1/2 Broccoli (chopped)
- 1/2 Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 1/3 oz Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 5 Eggs (whisked)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350oF (175oC). Grease a muffin tray or use a silicone muffin tray.
- 2 Divide the broccoli, mushrooms, and cheese evenly between the cups of the prepared muffin tray.
- 3 Mix the eggs and salt together and pour into the muffin tray.Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Let cool for five minutes. Enjoy!
- 4 BONUS: Add Chili flakes for a pop of heat!