Buckwheat, a non-gluten whole grain, promotes cardiovascular health by improving blood flow to the organ systems, including the brain.
- 4 - eggs
- 3/4 - cup of fortified, non-dairy milk
- 1/4 TSP - salt
- 3/4 cup - 1/2 blended buckwheat flour and all purpose flour
- 1/2 TBSP - granulated sugar
- 1/4 TSP - dry herb – savoury; rosemary, thyme; sweet, basil
- 1 Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until fully combined. Make sure you stir the batter, not blend, once ready to start cooking and remove as much ‘foam’ from the top of the batter as possible prior to cooking. Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- 2 Turn the stove on medium to high; use a non-stick pan for best results.
- 3 With a ladle pour the batter onto the pan similar to how you would pour out a pancake, lightly coat the entire pan. Make sure you cover the entire pan to create a consistently dense crepe.
- 4 Keep the pan on the heat until there is no liquid on the top of the crepe and you are able to pull the sides up from the pan with a spatula. Flip.
- 5 Cook on both sides until complete (about 2 minutes each), put aside and start prepping the insides.
- 6 Fill with your favourite sweet (dessert) or savoury (dinner) fillings. Our favourites would include antioxidant rich berries with dark chocolate; or a vitamin packed citrus and spinach salad.
- 7 Makes four six inch crepes.