Mozzarella cheese is rich in Vitamin B2, also known as riboflavin. This b vitamin is part of the vitamin B complex family. You may recognize B-vitmains in their role for producing energy and helping break down your macronutrients, but it also crucial in fighting brain health conditions like headaches and migraine attacks.
Buffalo Mozzarella with Balsamic Glazed Plums Pine Nuts and Mint
30 mins 4-6
- 1 - large ball buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 4 - ripe plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups - balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup - fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup - pine nuts, toasted
- 1 - splash olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Put vinegar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Adjust heat to low and simmer until it is reduced nearly three-quarters in volume and thickened to a syrup. About 15 minutes.
- 2 Add plums to syrup turning gently to coat and continue to cook for another 4-7 minutes more. Turn off heat and let cool.
- 3 Meanwhile assemble mozzarella slices on platter, allowing to overlap slightly and season with salt and pepper to taste. WIth a fork, remove plums from syrup and place atop cheese, then top with the remaining syrup, pine nuts and mint. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.