SURPERFOOD // CARROTS:
“Fennel is not just for Italian sausages, try it in this bright and delicious carrot and fennel salad.“
- ½ cup sultana raisins
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into ribbons with peeler
- ½ fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ Tbsp capers, drained
- 1 ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 Place raisins in a bowl and soak in white wine for 1 hour, drain and reserve white wine.
- 2 Place white wine in a small pot, add honey and cook over medium to high heat until liquid reduces to 1/3 cup, approximately 5 minutes.
- 3 Place carrots, fennel, capers and soaked raisins in a large bowl.
- 4 Pour White Wine Dressing over Carrot and Fennel Salad, add chopped parsley, toasted almonds, toss and serve.