CHICKPEA FAST FACTS:
- Are a type of legume in the same family as kidney beans & peanuts.
- Have a buttery, nutty flavour & creamy texture.
- They are used globally in many dishes around the world, including in curries, sweet treats, soups, dips, and more.
- Are considered a complete protein because they contain all nine essential amino acids.
- A good source of selenium, a mineral that supports liver enzyme function & detoxifies cancer causing compounds from the body.
- Are low on the glycemic index, making them a good choice for those with blood sugar issues.
- Are produced more in India than any other country in the world.
- Contain choline, a nutrient that helps make chemicals for memory, mood, muscle control, & other brain & nervous system activity.
- Keep your bowl movements easier & more regular, due to their high fibre content.