Beets are 100% edible.
Root Bulbs are not the only tasty part of beets. Their nutrient-filled, leafy greens are a great alternative to spinach, collards, kale, mustard greens and chard.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BEET GREENS:
- Contain more antioxidants than their bulbs + fight inflammation.
- Boost immunity via their high vitamin C levels.
- Improve digestion from their fibrous content.
- Contain vitamin B6 which supports brain health, mood & depression.
Two popular ways to consume Beet Greens include sautéing or baking them.
- Start with washing the greens. For a simple sauté take EVOO, a pinch of S&P and chopped garlic. Heat over medium in a pan until they start to wilt. Enjoy.
- Wash the greens. Lightly coat each leaf with EVOO. Lay flat on a parchment paper lined tray. Add S&P. Bake at 350 ° F for 15 minuets. Turn the leaves over and cook for 10 more minutes.