Spinach is rich in lutein, an important natural antioxidant that is thought to help protect against cognitive decline.
- 10 oz - spaghetti or fettuccine
- 1 - clove garlic
- 1 - avocado
- 1 cup - fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup - pecans
- 1/4 cup - basil
- 1 TBSP - fresh lemon juice
- 3/4-1 cup - pasta water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- 2 While pasta is cooking, add the rest of the ingredients to your blender and blend until it turns into a smooth sauce. Start with 1/2 cup of pasta water and add more as needed to get the consistency you want.
- 3 Toss the pasta with the sauce in a bowl and serve immediately. This sauce is best served the day it is made, as it uses avocados which will turn a brownish color.