Beans stabilize glucose (blood sugar) levels & provide the brain a steady stream of energy.
- 1 large can - cooked chickpeas in water (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 TBSP - extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP - cinnamon
- 1 TBSP - nutmeg
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Maldon salt to finish (optional)
- Pinch of chili flakes (to taste)
- 1 Pre-heat oven to 400F. Drain and rinse chickpeas, then mix in a medium sized bowl with salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, chili flakes and olive oil.
- 2 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the chickpea mixture across the baking sheet in one flat layer. Bake for 20 minutes then check the chickpeas, stirring around so all sides crisp evenly. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the chickpeas have turned dark brown and have a crunchy bite.
- 3 Let cool on the baking sheet, then serve.