Sourdough bread is made by the fermentation of dough using naturally occurring lactobacilli and yeast. The sourdough bacteria pre-digests the flour, which releases the micronutrients, making it easier to digest and absorb. This process supports the gut microbiome and enhances brain health, by reducing conditions such as anxiety and depression.
- 4 - slices sourdough bread
- Rawfoodz Zen Buddha Garlic Buttery Style Spread (alternatively, use regular garlic butter)
- 2 TBSP - raspberry jam
- Goat brie cheese
- Garnish: basil microgreens
- 1 Butter 1 side of each 4 slices of bread with your garlic buttery style spread.
- 2 Slice goat brie cheese and place them on the inside (non buttered slide) of 2 of your sourdough slices.
- 3 On the inside of the remaining 2 sourdough slices, spread 1 tbsp of raspberry jam on each slice.
- 4 Close the sandwich so the jam side is place on top of the cheese.
- 5 Melt 1 tbsp of Garlic Buttery Style Spread on a medium pan.
- 6 Over low to medium heat, place your ready to cook gourmet grilled cheese in your pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until sourdough becomes golden brown.
- 7 Remove from heat and slice your grilled cheese in half
- 8 Garnish with basic microgreens.