Raspberries tend to spoil quickly due to their fragile texture, high water content and packaging.
Follow these simple tips to extend the life of these beautiful berries.
Vinegar + Water:
- Make a solution of 1 cup vinegar and 3 cups cold water in a bowl.
- Add raspberries till they’re all submerged in solution. Let stand for 10 mins, then drain.
- Rinse berries with water.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
The vinegar will eliminate mold and bacteria that may have built up from packaging, processing and travel that store bought produce goes through.
- Take an airtight container.
- Line it with paper towel.
- Pick through your berries and remove any that are already moldy.
- Add raspberries to container.
- Cover berries with more paper towel.
- Refrigerate for up to 10 days.