What is Zucchini?
Zucchini is a hydrating, high-fibre squash that is full of antioxidants, vitamins, & minerals. It may be in deep green, stripped or spotted green or yellow in colour.
When prepped correctly, zucchini noodles can be a tasty alternative to traditional pasta noodles. They are a gluten-free alternative and a good way to gain extra produce in your meal!
How To Make A Zoodle (Zucchini-Noodle)
- CHOOSE YOUR TOOL: Spiralizers are often the go-to tool for easy zoodles. Alternatively, mandolines can cut larger “fettuccine” shaped pieces and even a sharp knife can slice a thick and long “lasagne” or slim match stick sized shapes.
- COOK: Generously salt and boil a large pot of water. Cook zoodles 1-2 minutes.
- BLANCH: Using tongs, remove noodles and add them to an icy bowl of water. This will stop the zoodles from cooking more and getting soggy.
- DRAIN & DRY: After the zucchini noodles have cooled, drain and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- FINISH: Top with your favourite sauce, herbs, protein. Enjoy!
Alternative Ways To Prep Zoodles
Option 1: SAUTE raw zucchini noodles 2-3 minutes with salt, garlic and your choice of herbs and spices.
Option 3: Raw – if your zoodles are sliced thinly and you have a hot sauce or protein, layer the sauce in top and it will warm the zoodles.