SUPERFOOD // AVOCADO:
I’m all about balance and this salad is hearty and satisfying, but also keeps you light on your toes. Plus the combination of jicama, avocado, beans and Yore™ tomatoes is pure bliss.
Recipe by Roger Mooking Courtesy of SUNSET®
Jicama and Tomato of Yore™ Salad
- 1/2 Cup chopped Cilantro (Green Dressing)
- 2 Tbsp chopped Green Onion (Green Dressing)
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded (Green Dressing)
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice (Green Dressing)
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Green Dressing)
- 2 Tbsp Water (Green Dressing)
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt (Green Dressing)
- 1 Tsp Honey (Green Dressing)
- 4 C sliced Romaine Lettuce Hearts (Salad)
- 2 C finely sliced Red Cabbage (Salad)
- 2 C Jicama, cut into thick matchsticks (Salad)
- 3/4 cup canned Black Beans, washed and drained (Salad)
- 2 Yore™, each cut into 6 wedges (Salad)
- 1 Avocado, cut into 12 slices (Salad)
- 1 Jalapeño, very finely sliced into rings (Salad)
- *Optional garnishes - picked cilantro leaves, lime wedges (Salad)
- 1 Green dressing - blend all dressing ingredients together to form a smooth mix. Set aside.
- 2 Salad - To serve, dress romaine hearts, cabbage and jicama separately in a small amount of green dressing and arrange evenly over four serving dishes. Top evenly with black beans and arrange tomato wedges and avocado slices in a nice fan over greens. Season tomatoes and avocado with a pinch of kosher salt. Top with jalapeño slices and garnish with additional cilantro and lime wedges if desired. Serve with extra green dressing on the side.
®/™ are trademarks of Mastronardi Produce Limited. © 2018 Mastronardi Produce Limited. All rights reserved.