Turmeric contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties and is an
effective substance that removes plaques from the brain.
Lemon Salmon with Turmeric Broccoli Salad
15 mins 20 mins 2
- 1 - lemon
- 1 - jalapeno
- 2 cups - broccoli
- 4 - radishes
- 2 - cloves garlic
- 6-8 oz - salmon fillet(s)
- 1 - egg
- 1/4 cup - cornmeal
- 3 TBSP - olive oil
- 1 1/2 TBSP - red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup - water
- 1/3 cup - turmeric vinaigrette (orange juice, red wine vinegar, turmeric)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Prepare the ingredients: Using the fine side of a grater, grate (“zest”) the lemon peel until you have about 1 TBSP. of zest. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds. Rinse the jalapeno. Gently cut the top and sides off, trying to get any long strands. Discard the seeds and center, unless you like it spicy. Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets. Rinse and thinly slice the radishes. Mince the garlic.
- 2 Coat the salmon: Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Crack the egg into a medium bowl and whisk with a fork. Add the fish and toss to coat. Pour the cornmeal onto a plate. Add the fish and flip to fully coat both slides. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 Cook the salmon: Heat 1 TBSP. olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the coated fish and cook until the cornmeal is browned and crispy, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a place and sprinkle with half the lemon juice. Return the pot to the element and add the jalapeno, red wine vinegar, remaining lemon juice and zest, and half of the garlic. Cook until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Then pour the sauce into the small bowl used earlier for lemon juice.
- 4 Make the turmeric broccoli salad: Return the pot to the element over medium heat. Add the broccoli, remaining garlic, and 1/4 cup of water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the water has evaporated and the broccoli is fork tender, 5-6 minutes. Drain broccoli. Add the turmeric vinaigrette and stir to coat.