Nutritional yeast is rich in Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate and often Vitamin B12. These are all B vitamins that work as a complex, essentially providing you with energy and helping you to maintain proper brain function
- 1/2 cup - goat's milk butter
- 1 cup - nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup - rice flour
- 3 1/2 cups - water
- 1 tsp - salt
- 1 1/2 tsp - garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp - turmeric powder
- 8 cups - gluten free pasta alternative of your choice (this recipe is made with Maria’s Kitchen Lentil pasta)
- Garnish: basil microgreens
- 1 Cook pasta al dente, rinse, set aside.
- 2 Make the roux: melt butter on a medium saucepan and slowly start to add flour mixing thoroughly.
- 3 Add Water, Nutritional Yeast, Salt, garlic powder, and turmeric to the roux and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- 4 Simmer until thickened into a sauce.
- 5 Turn off stove and stir in pasta.
- 6 Serve in individual bowls and garnish with basil microgreens.