Raw chocolate not only tastes great, but is also packed with antioxidants. To boot, avocados are packed with healthy fats, protein and fibre. Dessert has never tasted so healthy.
Raw Chocolate Mousse
10 mins 4-6
- 1 1/2 - soft avocados divided
- 3/4 cup - cacao powder
- 3/4 cup - pit-less dates, diced
- 1 - almond/coconut milk
- 1/2 cup - almond butter
- 1/4 cup - agave (or chosen sweetener)
- 1 In a food processor (or high speed blender) combine the following (in this order): dates, 1/2 avocado, almond butter, 1/2 milk - blend.
- 2 Next add agave, cacao, and the remaining avocado. Keep blending until very smooth.
- 3 As you blend, slowly add the remaining milk until you reach your desired consistency. You may need to stop and taste test along the way.
- 4 Optional: For additional flavours try adding chill flakes, or 1 tbsp of vanilla (or 1 vanilla bean). You can also experiment with sea salts, berries, oranges - this recipe lends itself well to experimenting.