Raw chocolate not only tastes great, but is also packed with antioxidants. To boot, avocados are packed with healthy fats, protein and fibre. Dessert has never tasted so healthy.
- 1 1/2 - soft avocados divided
- 3/4 cup - cacao powder
- 3/4 cup - pit-less dates, diced
- 1 - almond/coconut milk
- 1/2 cup - almond butter
- 1/4 cup - agave (or chosen sweetener)
- 1 In a food processor (or high speed blender) combine the following (in this order): dates, 1/2 avocado, almond butter, 1/2 milk - blend.
- 2 Next add agave, cacao, and the remaining avocado. Keep blending until very smooth.
- 3 As you blend, slowly add the remaining milk until you reach your desired consistency. You may need to stop and taste test along the way.
- 4 Optional: For additional flavours try adding chill flakes, or 1 tbsp of vanilla (or 1 vanilla bean). You can also experiment with sea salts, berries, oranges - this recipe lends itself well to experimenting.