SUPERFOOD // Tomato:
This salad is the perfect dish to celebrate spring!
Tomatoes contain powerful antioxidants and are an excellent source of vitamin C, essential for focus, concentration, and memory. They also contain lycopene and beta-carotene, important antioxidants that prevent cell damage caused by free radicals.
Roasted Zucchini, Snap Pea, Cherry Tomato Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Recipe & Photography courtesy of Jenny Hui of The Lazy Gourmet
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups snap peas, blanched
- 16 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 small red onion, julienned in strips
- 2 cups pea shoots (optional)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp smooth Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated with microplane
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Line sheet pan with parchment. Set aside.
- 2 Cut zucchini into 1-inch wide halfmoons. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on sheet pan.
- 3 Roast in oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove and cool.
- 4 DRESSING
- 5 Place vinegar, lemon juice, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and ginger into a blender.
- 6 While machine is on, slowly add the olive in.
- 7 Pour into a bowl.
- 8 Add poppy seeds and mix.
- 9 Season with salt and pepper.
- 10 Set aside.
- 11 In a large salad bowl, combine zucchini, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, and red onion. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and gently mix. Serve with pea shoots if desired.