Olive oil is a great source of monounsaturated fats, which have been shown to actually slow brain aging.
- 3 - medium sweet potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP - olive oil
- 1 - small bunch of fresh thyme (2-3 TBSP with stems removed)
- 16 - whole organic eggs
- 1 cup - almond milk
- 3/4 cup - shredded goat mozzarella
- 1 TSP - sea salt + pepper to taste
- 2 - medium red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup - asparagus, chopped
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350’. Wash the sweet potatoes and slice thinly. Spread the sweet potatoes out on a baking tray so they are not touching each other and drizzle with olive oil, 1 tbsp fresh thyme, a few twists of sea salt and pepper. Bake sweet potatoes for 20-25 minutes until golden flipping halfway through cooking. Remove the sweet potatoes and line the base of the glass baking tray with cooked potatoes (like a crust). While the potatoes are baking, chop the red peppers and asparagus in to bit sized pieces.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix the eggs and milk together. Stir in the chopped veggies, remaining thyme, 1 tsp sea salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the cooked sweet potatoes (using 2 x 10’’ pans or one large pan). Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until the eggs have set and cheese has melted. Garnish with any remaining thyme.