SURPERFOOD // RED PEPPER
“Salad is not only kale and spinach. The orange and grapefruit of this dish is mellowed out oh so slightly with the drizzle of EVOO. I love serving this light and juicy salad with fish or poultry especially.”
If you’re on medication, please check with your doctor before consuming grapefruit. Grapefruit may have dangerous interactions when combined with some popular drugs used for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and depression.
- 1/4 C red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and cut into 1/2” disks
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut into 1/2” disks
- 1/2 Sweet Twister™ pepper, cut into 1/2” rings
- 1 tsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 In a medium bowl, add cold water and sliced onions. Let sit for 5 minutes then drain well.
- 2 Arrange all ingredients on platter in the following order – grapefruits, oranges, peppers, red onion and mint.
- 3 Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle of black pepper. Serve cold.