SURPERFOOD // RED PEPPER
“Salad is not only kale and spinach. The orange and grapefruit of this dish is mellowed out oh so slightly with the drizzle of EVOO. I love serving this light and juicy salad with fish or poultry especially.”
Recipe by Roger Mooking // Courtesy of SUNSET®
Sweet Twister™ Citrus Salad
- 1/4 C red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and cut into 1/2” disks
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut into 1/2” disks
- 1/2 Sweet Twister™ pepper, cut into 1/2” rings
- 1 tsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 In a medium bowl, add cold water and sliced onions. Let sit for 5 minutes then drain well.
- 2 Arrange all ingredients on platter in the following order – grapefruits, oranges, peppers, red onion and mint.
- 3 Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle of black pepper. Serve cold.