The bitter principle in the radicchio is lactucopicrin and may help reduce headaches. Lactucopicrin is a potent anti-malarial agent and has a sedative and analgesic (painkiller) effect.
- 1 radicchio (Salad)
- 1 sweet apple (Salad)
- Raspberries (Salad)
- 1 basil leaf (Salad)
- 1½ tbs apple cider vinegar (Dressing)
- ¾ tbsp honey (Dressing)
- ¾ tsp dijon mustard (Dressing)
- ⅓ cup olive oil (Dressing)
- salt and pepper to taste (Dressing)
- 1 Combine all dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- 2 Trim the end of the radicchio, discard any bruised or damaged leaves
- 3 Slice radicchio in half lengthwise using a sharp knife, then cut across each half into ¼ inch wide slices
- 4 Chop apple into small thin slices
- 5 Once your salad ingredients are ready, place onto a plate layering with (1) radicchio (2) apple (3) raspberries (4) basil leaf
- 6 Pour dressing over entire salad and enjoy!