Superfood // AVOCADO:
This Tuna Stuffed Avocado dish is not only quick & easy to make, it’s also full of flavour, healthy fats, and protein.
Avocados are mostly monounsaturated fats which support the production of acetylcholine; the memory, and learning brain chemical.
Recipe & Photography courtesy of Nora Debora of Naturally Nora
Tuna Stuffed Avocado
10 mins 2
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 (4.5 oz) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 To create an avocado "bowl", scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the space to fill with stuffing. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- 2 In a separate mixing bowl, add the tuna, bell pepper, celery, and cilantro. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- 3 Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.