Chicken & turkey breast, eggs & low-fat milk are excellent sources of vitamin B12 which is an important protein to maintain cognitive skills.
- 1/2 cup - cooked dark turkey meat
- 1/3 cup - turkey gravy
- 2 - granny smith apples
- 2 - ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup - pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups - fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup - micro-greens or sprouts
- 4 TSBP - extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP - apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP - honey Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and Pepper
- 1 This recipe is an excellent way to use leftover turkey meat, especially dark meat!
- 2 Pull leftover turkey meat apart, so it’s in small pieces. In a medium saute pan, warm turkey meat with a bit of leftover gravy (to make a quick braise), or, a bit of liquid (vegetable stock, or even water). Cook over medium heat until the liquid has absorbed into the meat.
- 3 Make the salad dressing by whisking olive oil, vinegar, honey Dijon and salt and pepper until fully combined. Slice apples and avocado and set aside. In a bowl, add warm turkey and fresh arugula with pumpkin seeds, and a handful of micro-greens, and toss with salad dressing. Place a bit of the salad mixture on plates and top with fresh apple and avocado. Serve immediately.