A diet high in beans supports the brain with well-needed amino acids, and our favourite brain fuel, glucose.
- Stuffed Pepper and Bean Salad:
- 1 - red bell pepper (per person)
- 3 TBSP - sweet mustard
- 1/4 cup - fresh cut cilantro
- 1/4 cup - choose 6 fillings
- Raw Mustard Dressing:
- 1/4 cup - yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup - brown or black mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup - apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup - water
- 3 TBSP - agave, honey or date syrup
- 1/2 TSP - tumeric
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 TSP - garlic powder (optional)
- 1 Raw Mustard Dressing: Soak seeds in water and apple cider vinegar for a minimum of 24 hours (the longer the better). Transfer seed mix to food processor (or high speed blender), add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Add water to reach desired consistency, or more sweetness if required. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- 2 Pepper and Bean Salad: De-cap and gut the pepper. Put aside. Pick 6 of the following(1/4 cup each): diced avocado and/or tomato; sprouted chickpeas, lentils or beans; red onion; kale or spinach; mixed seeds; carrots; celery; edamame; or any other flavour favourite. Mix all chosen ingredients into a bowl and coat with the mustard until reached desired coating. Add 3/4 cup of vegetables per additional person. Fill the pepper with bean salad - now you have an edible bowl! Serve with cap off, or cap on for a surprise!