SUPERFOOD // TOMATO:
This flatbread is like pizza but also not like pizza. Ha! I’m a superfan of sage and brown butter and if you have never tried either of these magical gifts then you should start NOW! Add some beautiful freshly sliced Yore™ tomatoes and creamy mascarpone and you’re set.
Recipe by Roger Mooking Courtesy of SUNSET®
- 1/4 c unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 c mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1-piece store bought flatbread, approximately 11 x 6”
- 2 Yore™ tomatoes, cut into 1/3″ slices, set on paper towel to drain slightly
- Additional kosher salt to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2 In a small pan melt butter and heat until butter starts to smell nutty and fragrant and just starts to turn light golden brown, about 2 – 3 minutes. Immediately take the pan off the heat, stir in chopped sage and lemon juice. Set aside and let cool down slightly.
- 3 In a medium bowl, mix together mascarpone, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Place flatbread on prepared baking sheet and spread the mascarpone mixture evenly on top. Arrange sliced Yore tomatoes over the mascarpone. Spread and drizzle the sage brown butter over top. Season tomatoes lightly with salt.
- 4 Bake until mascarpone has heated through, puffed slightly and turned light golden at the edges, about 12 – 15 minutes. Let rest a minute or two before serving.
®/™ are trademarks of Mastronardi Produce Limited. © 2018 Mastronardi Produce Limited. All rights reserved.