Avocado is a fatty fruit, but it’s a monounsaturated fat, contributing to healthy blood flow, which promotes brain health.
- 1.5 cups - died black beans
- 2 - bay leaves
- 5 - whole peppercorns
- 6 cups - veggie or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup - sherry vinegar
- 2 - whole avocados
- 2 TBSP - flax seed crushed
- 1 TSP - paprika
- 2 TBSP - lime juice
- 3 TBSP - finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 TBSP - finely chopped parsley
- 2 - shallots finely chopped
- 1 - clove minced garlic
- 2 TBSP - extra virgin olive oil
- Aged cheddar cheese (Optional)
- Full fat greek yogurt (Optional)
- Finely chopped parsley (Optional)
- 1 Soak the beans overnight in water with bay leaves and peppercorns, or soak canned beans for 20 minutes in water, salt, bay leaves and peppercorns then rinse well and remove seasoning. Half avocados and roughly chop. In a medium pot, add olive oil and sauté shallots and garlic until golden brown. Add softened beans, crushed flax and mint and cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes. Deglaze with sherry vinegar and lime juice, then add paprika, avocados and 4 cups stock.
- 2 Blend all ingredients completely using a stick blender. Soup should be a thick consistency, add stock or water to desired preference. Once combined, let simmer on a medium-low heat for 40-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season liberally with seat salt and pepper, and add additional lime juice to brighten flavors as needed.
- 3 Top with your preferred dairy toppings (cheddar/Greek yogurt), sprinkle fresh herbs and serve.