Oranges and grapefruits are great sources of antioxidants that guard against brain deterioration.
Baked Citrus Tilapia with Hazelnuts Papillote
12 mins 35 mins 4
- 10 oz - tilapia (4 medium sized pieces)
- 1 - medium sized orange
- 1 - medium sized grapefruit
- 4 TBSP - rice wine vinegar
- 4 TBSP - sunflower or grape seed oil
- 1 TSP - dijon mustard
- 1 TSP - honey (use sunflower or raw if possible)
- 3 TBSP - fresh thyme (lemon thyme if you can find it)
- 1 cup - plain hazelnuts
- Sea salt and pepper
- Parchment paper for baking
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cut parchment paper into 12 inch squares. Peel and cut segments of orange and grapefruit and place in a bowl with chopped oregano and thyme. In a separate bowl, incorporate vinegar, mustard, honey and oil well, season with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Pour dressing over the citrus pieces let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, roughly chop hazelnuts and roast oven for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- 3 Place tilapia in the middle of each parchment square and divide citrus mixture amongst each piece of fish, then add the hazelnuts. To fold parchment, wrap at the middle, then twist each side until closed. Bake tilapia pouches for 12-15 minutes in a baking dish or tray that can catch any escaping liquids. Serve tilapia en papillote to guests without opening the package.