SUPERFOOD // SALMON
This Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with “Cream” Sauce provides a bright and fresh, citrusy pop to your plate!
Salmon is full of omega-3’s which may promote learning and memory function, including in those with Alzheimer’s or other cognitive impairments.
Recipe by Joyous Health
Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with “Cream” Sauce
- 2 salmon fillets, 6 oz (170 g) each
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- LEMON PEPPER TAHINI SAUCE
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tahini
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) raw honey
- A sprinkle or two of sea salt and lots of freshly ground pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2 Place salmon fillets on a bak- ing sheet. Drizzle salmon with lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 10 to 15 min- utes or until the inside of the fish is no longer dark pink.
- 3 Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small bowl, stir together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, tahini and honey. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- 4 Arrange baked salmon on plates and drizzle with sauce.
- 5 Serve and enJOY!