Nutritional yeast is rich in Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate and often Vitamin B12. These are all B vitamins that work as a complex, essentially providing you with energy and helping you to maintain proper brain function
- 1 cup - raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup - grated carrot
- 1 cup - boiling water
- 1/4 cup - nutritional yeast
- 2 TBSP - Dijon mustard (grainy or smooth)
- 1 - garlic clove, minced
- 1 TSP - apple cider vinegar
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
- 2 cups - uncooked gluten-free macaroni noodles
- Optional: 1/4 - red onion chopped
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 To prepare cheese sauce, in a blender or food processor combine cashews and grated carrot with boiling water. Blend until smooth. Add remaining sauce ingredients (nutritional yeast, dijon, garlic, apple cider vinegar, pepper and sea salt) and puree until creamy. Set aside.
- 3 To prepare noodles, bring large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain water. Place hot pasta back into pot and combine with cheese sauce. Add chopped onions at this point.
- 4 Pour into a medium size baking dish and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Serve hot.