Cauliflower is rich in choline, an essential nutrient for memory & brain health.
Cauliflower Steaks with Capers, Tomatoes and Mint
8 mins 40 mins 4
- 1/2 - fresh cauliflower head
- 2 - medium sized tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup - finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup - finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 TBSP - fresh capers, chopped
- 1 TBSP - butter or butter alternative (such as earth balance)
- 1/4 cup - freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375F.
- 2 Chop cauliflower into 2 inch pieces, aiming to create as many flat pieces as possible. In a sauté pan over high heat, melt butter then place slices of cauliflower on the flat side down, and let cook for at least 5 minutes, to brown. Using tongs, carefully flip pieces of cauliflower over, then add capers, slices of tomatoes, mint, salt/pepper and parmesan. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- 3 When the cauliflower is soft and golden brown (with crispy edges!), remove from oven and top with parsley, and a bit more cheese before serving.