Celery is a rich source of luteolin, a plant compounds that may calm inflammation in your brain, which is a primary cause of neurodegeneration
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or grapeseed oil
- 4 cups chicken or veggie stock or water
- 2 celery roots, peeled and chopped
- 2 bartlett pears, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Heat oil in a large pan. Sautee the onions and garlic until tender.
- 2 Add 4 cups of chicken or veggie stock. You may need to transfer to a large soup pot at this point.
- 3 Add chopped celery root and pear. Bring to a bowl and then let simmer on low for 15-20 minutes until the celery root and pear is tender.
- 4 Using an immersion blender or stand up blender blitz the ingredients until you've reached your desired texture. Add thyme and season to your liking. Enjoy!
- Using a stock will yield a tastier flavour.
- Sprinkle with croutons and hemp hearts.