Flax seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are used by the brain to build and protect neurons.
- 1 cup- fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup - fresh raspberries
- 1 - bar 70% dark chocolate or raw cacao bar
- 1 TBSP - shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 TBSP - flax seed
- 1/2 cup - almond milk
- 4 - ice cubes
- 1 To best absorb flax, it’s ideal to muddle or finely chop flax seed. You could also use a coffee grinder to grind flax to a powder consistency.
- 2 In a blender, combine pitted cherries, fresh raspberries, 1 whole 70% dark chocolate or raw cacao bar, broken into pieces, and then add the flax. Add almond milk to blend then ice cubes to chill. If you prefer a thinner smoothie, add more almond milk to taste. Top with shredded coconut and serve immediately.