Chicory may help reduce memory loss associated with Alzheimer’s. Chicoric acid, a component of chicory, may help prevent the formation of toxic clumps, known as amyloid plaques, in the brain.
- 2 tsp - granulated roasted chicory
- 1 inch - stick of cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp = nutmeg
- 3 cups - filtered water
- 1/2 cup - coconut cream
- 2 tbsp - cacao powder
- 2 tsp (or more) - unpasteurized honey
- 1 tsp - rolled oats for thickening (optional)
- Garnish: whipping cream
- 1 Simmer the chicory, cinnamon, cacao powder, nutmeg and rolled oats in the water for about 15 minutes. It can be used at this point, but might be better once steeped longer.
- 2 Strain and add liquid mixture back to pot.
- 3 Add coconut cream and unpasteurized honey. Mix well until all ingredients thoroughly combined, but don’t let it boil.
- 4 Taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- 5 Optional: garnish with whip cream, sprinkle with cinnamon if you like.