Cauliflower contains antioxidants and other compounds that protect your brain health and may even stimulate the production of new brain cells.
- 1 – head of cauliflower, chopped
- 4 – cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 – large onion, peeled & diced
- 2 TBSP - melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1/4 TSP - cayenne pepper
- 2 TBSP - olive oil
- 1 – bunch kale, stems removed and torn into pieces
- 4 cups - vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP - fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup - cashews, chopped
- 1 Preheat oven to 425F.
- 2 Chop the onion, garlic and cauliflower and place in a bowl.
- 3 Toss it with the thyme, cayenne pepper and 2 TBSP coconut oil or ghee.
- 4 Place on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes — or until just starting to crisp.
- 5 In a large pot, put the roasted ingredients, along with the vegetable stock, salt & pepper.
- 6 Bring to a boil, and then reduce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7 Add in the kale and simmer just until the kale is wilted.
- 8 Puree the soup in a blender until completely mixed.
- 9 Top with chopped cashews and lemon juice.