SUPERFOOD // ASPARAGUS
Recipe by Naturally Nora
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 medium spanish onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- 1½ cups full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Prep asparagus by trimming tips and removing woody ends. Discard woody ends and keep tips in a separate bowl. Cut remaining spears into 1-inch pieces and put aside.
- 2 In a soup pot, simmer onions, garlic, and ginger in olive oil until onions are very soft and golden, stirring often.
- 3 Add broth and bring to a boil.
- 4 Add asparagus pieces and rosemary to broth, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 5 Use immersion blender or throw into a blender to puree until smooth. Add coconut milk.
- 6 Stir in reserved asparagus tips, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 1-2 minutes, then serve.