SUPERFOOD // TURKEY:
Turkey isn’t just for roasting!
We love the richness and vibrancy of this Coconut Turkey Curry dish that is full of flavour!
Turkey is a great source of zinc. Zinc plays a key role in regulating how cells in the brain communicate with one another, and it is necessary for immune function, wound healing, and DNA synthesis.
Recipe & Photography courtesy of Nora Debora of Naturally Nora
- 2 tsps Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 3/4 Canned Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 4 cips Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- 1 Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook until softened, about five minutes. Add the ginger and cook for one minute, stirring often.
- 2 Add the turkey, turmeric, and salt. Cook, stirring often until the turkey is cooked through, about nine to ten minutes. Add the coconut aminos and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for five to eight minutes.
- 3 Turn off the heat and add the spinach. Stir until just wilted. Add the lime juice. Divide evenly between bowls and enjoy!