SURPERFOOD // TURMERIC:
“Looking for a new way to cook salmon that is elegant enough for a date night yet simple to execute? This dish is it! I’m also a fan of using any leftover Campari and salmon for the next days lunch in a protein packed salad. “
Recipe by Roger Mooking from Everyday Exotic: The Cookbook
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- splash white wine
- 4 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 540ml can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter, cold
- 1 In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat and sweat onions.
- 2 Add carrots and garlic, stir.
- 3 After garlic has browned slightly, add curry powder and stir.
- 4 Add a splash of white wine to deglaze pan.
- 5 Add tomatoes and chickpeas, stir.
- 6 Add chicken stock and simmer.
- 7 Cover with lid, cook for 10 minutes.
- 8 Season with salt and sugar.
- 9 Remove from heat, add cold butter to finish.